Project Control Officer
Job LocationNorth York, Ontario, Canada
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Our client is looking for a project control officer (PCO) and administrator who will be reporting to the Program Director of the Technology Services Project Management Office (TS PMO), this position will support the project management team with a wide range of activities, and will be administrative in nature, keeping track of project budgets and project milestones. The role will have a large component of reporting, so advanced Excel experience is a must.
• Aids the EI PMO Program Directors and Project Managers in the administration of project details.
• Assists the project manager in logistical coordinator for implementation activities – providing pre and post implementation support.
• Works with business and technical teams to ensure issues are managed and triaged properly ,assessing impact and assigning priorities
• Issue Log management and reporting
• Inventory management (hardware)
• Assists with the development of project plans that effectively align scope, time, cost, quality, resource, risk, communication and procurement.
• Supports the team with various tasks to ensure project execution; including being accountable in the execution/management of project subtasks.
• Assists the team in developing/updating project specific presentations, status reports, issue, and risk logs.
• Helps in the development and publishing of project updates, statuses and reporting.
• Takes detailed meeting minutes and actions resulting from Project or Program meetings and drives to resolution.
• Files project artifacts as required, in the departmental SharePoint site in accordance to EI PMO standards.
• Strong Excel skills
• Detail oriented with strong organization, time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good grasp of project management methodologies.
• Basic understanding of relevant enterprise infrastructure business systems.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision and with frequent interruptions.
• Skilled at prioritizing multiple and concurrent assignments within a matrix organization.