Bsuiness Transformation Analyst, Insurance
Job LocationToronto and Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Job CategoryAccounting and Finance
Compensationup to $60/hr.
The role of the Strategic Initiatives Analyst will be to support the Insurance and Individual Wealth (IIW) business, the focus of this role is leading various IIW-related initiatives geared towards transforming the career sales force.
The successful candidate will work closely with the team to diagnose, design and execute initiatives to support the organization’s ability to achieve its objectives. The work will include individual and group problem solving, gathering information and data, performing quantitative and qualitative analyses and presenting findings to team and key stakeholders.
This position also ensures that the approved initiatives are on track in meeting the goals and benefits communicated during the business casing process.
This hands-on role will also provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to interact with members of the IIW executive team and members of other functions within the Canadian division.
• Design and introduce new business models/tools to support IIW strategic initiatives and objectives
• Manage key stakeholders and maintain accountability to delivery timelines
• Lead/ participate in project teams as required for new initiatives, process improvements, financial analysis and consulting to support decision-making.
• Conduct scenario planning and provide financial analysis in building business cases to support strategic options
• Conduct key analytics required to inform strategic recommendations, develop insights that are actionable in alignment with initiative goals
• University Degree in business/ relevant area
• Prior Management Consulting, internal strategy, or professional services experience
• Prior experience in the Insurance or Financial Services industry beneficial
• Experience with large scale transformational change initiatives beneficial
• Understanding of Consulting methodologies and frameworks
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
• Highly proficient with MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
• Self-starter with initiative and attitude to get the job done
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong organizational and time-management skills with ability to manage more than one initiative at a time
• Comfortable with ambiguity and change
• Ability to deliver under tight timelines
• Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and within a team environment
This is a 6- 12 months contract, subject to extensions, and possibly a full time employment with the client.