Job LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada
Job CategoryAccounting and Finance
Compensationup to $50/hr.
The Financial/Fund Analyst will be working in the Fund & Trust Services group. This position is accountable for all Fund control processes. This involves reviewing all funds to ensure that they are valued properly & maintaining a strong control environment exists over the GRS segregated funds contained on Global and the cash flow management process. Also, various reports are prepared for individual clients to provide with information about their investments. This position will be working in conjunction with the Director, Fund & Trust Services.
The fund based asset management process when combined with the GLOBAL member administration system are the foundation of the Savings Plan business of GRS impacting over 1,000,000 plan members and 7,000 plan sponsor clients.
• Will be backup to the Director of GRS Fund & Trust Services. This role is a critical role for business continuity.
• This role will be expected to work closely with CREs, external clients and Asset Managers on all fund related issues.
• Manage pre-processing of material cash flow (ensure all planned events are pre-processed by working with other GRS departments)
• Monitor daily activities in all Segregated Funds & Direct Held Stock Funds
• Review daily control reports and investigate and clear any discrepancies
• Perform asset rebalancing for client-specific funds
• Assist other GRS departments with Fund & Trust Service related requests, such as audit questions
• Prepare & analyze any ad-hoc reports/requests from Director
• Responsible for maintaining the fund screens in the Global Administration system and ensuring that new funds are set-up properly from a client and valuation perspective
• Complete various client specific reporting tasks
• Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong commitment to quality and meeting tight deadlines
• Strong team player, with an ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
Strong Excel and Visual Basic skills
Knowledge of fund & trust systems (Global)
Knowledge of administration procedures related to fund processing
Canadian Securities Course or equivalent experience/knowledge of various investments
This is a 9 months assignment to start