Job LocationWaterloo, Ontario, Canada
Job CategoryAccounting and Finance
Compensationup to $45/hr.
The Individual Sales reporting and Analysis team is responsible for providing value added sales reporting and analytics to senior management, wholesalers and advisors for the Individual Insurance and Wealth business unit.
Reporting to the Manager, Individual Sales Reporting, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the various reporting required for Insurance and Wealth products sold by the Career Sales Force and Wholesale Distribution areas. This role works closely with various business partners supporting the sales distribution channels and other members of finance.
• Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports required by various levels of management
• Prioritize timelines and manage the completion of production and adhoc requests from business partners
• Identify opportunities for operational efficiency and effectiveness improvements; and implement appropriate solutions
• Build/ modify reports to support existing or new reporting and operational requirements
• Provide on-going to support to business partners (compliance, recognition, sales force operations)
• Perform various analyses as required
• Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
• Strong problem solving skills
• Well organized with the ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
• Ownership and responsibility for meeting deadlines and accomplishing goals
• Advanced working knowledge of reporting tools including Microsoft Excel
• Client focussed and ability to build and maintain successful relationships with internal business partners
• Knowledge of Individual products, distribution channels, and systems
• Self-motivated and capable of handling conflicting priorities in a dynamic and changing environment
• Strong communication and documentation skills
• Ability to work both independently and within a strong team environment
• Experience working with large data sets focusing on summarizing, extracting and reconciling data
• Working towards or has completed an accounting designation (CMA,CPA, CGA)
• 2+ years financial analysis/accounting work experience
• Experience with identifying and implementing processes improvements in a reporting or data driven environment
• Insurance industry business knowledge
• Working knowledge of MS Access, SQL or SAS
• University degree – Business, Commerce, Accounting
This is 6 months contract to start, subject to extensions. Candidates may be able to work at the North York Location for this client.