Job LocationWaterloo, Ontario, Canada
Job CategoryAccounting and Finance
Duration6 months to start
Compensationup to $85/hr
We have bene engaged to identify and present an eSourcing consultant/Major Purchasing initiatives to lead and manage the sourcing process for high visibility, high risk, high spend initiatives.
- Lead and support project teams through the sourcing process including, but not limited to, the design, development and review of RFXs, engagement strategies and contract negotiations through to execution
- Assess, define and tactfully resolve procurement issues including contractual terms and conditions and escalations by internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Apply project management to the planning and execution of the sourcing process
- Drive and promote compliance for best-in-class procurement practices for specific spend categories
- Perform market analysis, benchmarking and spend analysis leveraging all available data sources - accounting, purchasing, payment systems, suppliers, market trends etc. to provide valued insight into opportunities for savings and efficiencies
- Ensure all related governance processes/policies are adhered to and completed prior to final approval to ensure the acquisition is done in the best interest of the company (legal, technical, financial, regulatory compliance)
Understanding of purchasing systems, eProcurement and eSourcing systems
Critical Skills or Must Haves?
- Sourcing and Contracting Experience – experience leading sourcing initiatives and projects, identifying savings opportunities and driving change; contract review and understanding of typical contract terms is a MUST
- Proven and extensive expertise leading sourcing initiatives, processes and developing strategies (i.e. deal management, contract review and negotiations, RFX, etc.)
Proven Leadership skills and ability to work with internal stakeholders to drive the process
Comfort with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Financial analysis skills (Advanced Excel)
- Familiarity with vendor contract language, purchasing systems, eProcurement and eSourcing systems would be an asset but not required
- Understanding of general procurement challenges and solutions
Proven ability to work and align with internal legal counsel and other governance stakeholders such as IT security, compliance, etc.
Role will require both independent contribution as well as team involvement and collaboration
Subject to extensions.