Application Support Analyst
Job LocationToronto or Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Compensationup to $80/hr.
We are looking for an Application Developer both Java and .Net experience. The split would be 75% Java work and 25% .Net work.
This is 1 year contract, work could be out of Toronto or Waterloo.
The required candidate will be a seasoned developer that has Vulnerability Patching and Pen Testing experience. The application developer will need to be able to navigate code comfortably to understand where vulnerabilities lye from an application security standpoint and be able to resolve these types of issues.
The required candidate will be part of the Application Security Team and will have at least 5 years of Java application support and development experience
Responsibilities include application support, responding to service requests, debugging and problem solving, maintaining stability, requirements analysis, performance and tuning, application development and unit testing, writing technical specifications, as well as participation in design reviews. The desirable candidate will show initiative, be accepting of responsibility and be accountable for results.
• Provide ongoing support of mobile and web application systems in production including responding to service requests, problem analysis, resolution, escalation and reporting as necessary
• Identify and participate in improvement, system renewal, stability, and upgrade projects
• Closely collaborate with developers, infrastructure teams, system designers, business system analysts, application analysts and testing specialists to deliver high quality solutions and maintain a stable environment.
• Create and maintain supporting documentation
• Participate in various review processes - e.g Business Requirements, Test plans, Design reviews, etc to gain a solid understanding of the application and provide input into the various deliverables from a security perspective
• Support existing Java web applications and frameworks and mobile
• Design, develop, code, test, and debug programs on small projects
• Coding will be 75% Java and 25% .Net
• Design and implement a self-development plan
• Design security solutions to web/mobile infrastructure
• Minimum 5 years of information technology experience in web application and mobile development
• University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Strong working knowledge of Java, J2EE, web services and application integration technologies
• Experience with C# and ASP.Net
• Strong problem solving skills to effectively understand what needs to change and make the necessary code adjustments to rectify the problem
• Comfortable with unknown processes and be able to work around it
• Experience with Unix, Oracle and relational database technologies
• Excellent understanding of distributed application problem solving and debugging
• Solid understanding of distributed application packaging, deployment, and performance management
• Strong planning, organizational and consulting skills
• Ability to communicate effectively to technical and nontechnical audiences and work with business partners as well as infrastructure teams
• Self-initiator, fast and independent learner and ability to multitask
• Good communication skills
• RCMP Clearance required for this role
This is a 1 year contract to start.