Job LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada
Job CategoryAccounting and Finance
The Data Analyst is responsible for delivering effective reporting and data-driven insights of business results. The responsibilities of this role are to analyze, define and develop reporting, enabling business management to track business performance and identify trends through data-driven insights. The incumbent will execute and manage scheduled and ad-hoc assignments, analyze the data and consults the end users, investigate on data issues, reviews and updates procedures and participates in other unscheduled activities. This position requires strong aptitude for data work, analytical and communication skills and ability to adapt to a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Design, development and implementation of business ad-hoc requests and analytical solutions based on Excel, BI tools including PowerBI and Tableau; SAS, SQL experience not necessary but nice to have
• Develop working relationship with business and analytic partners and serve as a resource for reporting.
• Develop working relationship with analytic partners to develop an understanding of analytic needs and opportunities for improvement.
• Build data models in Excel and/or other tools to support business needs
• Produces specialized reports and data extracts for assigned business areas while demonstrating solid understanding of business objectives.
• Analyze and aggregate information and be able to communicate the information to stakeholders on varying levels of granularity.
• Maintains historical data and reports and ensures the accuracy of the information.
• University or College Degree or equivalent experience (Business Administration, , Information Technology or Statistics)
• 3+ years of data analytical experience
• Technical Skills
• Working knowledge of analytic techniques and utilization of technical tools such as Excel, PowerBI, Tableau, SAS, & SQL
• Experience with MS EXCEL macros and VBA preferred
• Strong aptitude with the use of data
• Knowledge of SQL and relational databases not required but preferred
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to articulate business results effectively, accurately and in a timely manner
• Ability to apply analytic thinking to assist business in the execution of data-driven strategies
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
This is for downtowmn Toronto, occasional travel to Waterloo, paid for by the client.